A key component of performance improvement involves data analysis and identifying positive or negative trends in performance. When managing large amounts of data over time, it is essential that a control chart be used to identify the presence of a statistically significant trend.
Research Project: You are required to construct a control chart for a clinical metric or outcome at a hospital or skilled nursing facility. Include the following:
- Choose the clinical metric that you intend to measure (e.g., catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI), patient falls, or readmissions within 30 days).
- Create a control chart that is appropriate for the metric that you are measuring.
- Explain how the targeted outcome was selected (benchmark or historical data) and why.
- You will need to describe how the data were collected and how they were incorporated into the construction of the control chart.
- Explain how the control chart can be used to identify positive and negative trends in performance.
- Deliverable Length: 5-7 pages; minimum 5 academic/professional references published in last 5 yrs.
Read The Case of the Misguided Supervisors in Chapter 14 of your text book. Use the Argosy University online library for additional research, and do the following in a Word document:
- In 1–2 paragraphs, summarize the case and your research that relates to the case.
- In 2–3 pages, answer the following:
- Why would an organization care whether its supervisors speak in favor of or against union representation? Explain and justify your answer.
- How could the hospital in this example have prepared its supervisors to understand their proper role during an organizing campaign? Explain and justify your answer.
With your answers demonstrate that your understanding of the concepts is thorough and complete. Support your assertions with evidence, citing the appropriate sources.
Apply the APA current guidelines to your work and use at least three resources in your response.