Workforce Issues on Patient Safety
In this assignment, you will consider how workforce issues impact on patient safety.
Discussion Question 1
Using the South University Online Library, research workforce issues and patient safety.
Based on your research, complete the following tasks:
- Identify and describe the research problems, purpose, objectives, and hypothesis of the research.
- Evaluate the credibility and validity of the study.
Discussion Question 2
Read the following titles of research studies from the South University Online Library. Identify the type of research used in each study (qualitative or quantitative). Provide a rationale for your selection.
- A study of the effects of cardiac rehabilitation exercise program on the morale and motivation of persons recovering from recent heart attacks.
- An exploratory ethno-botanical study of medicinal plants used by the Turks in the treatment of eye disorders.
- A study of the impact of different dietary patterns on breast cancer patients.
- The effectiveness of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
- A study of the effects of different types of music on sleeping patterns of elderly insomnia patients.
- A study of the impact of political and social trends on the direction of nursing research.
Shisana, O., Rice, K., Zungu, N., & Zuma, K. (2010). Gender and poverty in South
Africa in the era of HIV/AIDS: A quantitative study.Journal of Women’s
Health (15409996),19(1), 39–46.
Ko, E., Nelson-Becker, H., Park, Y., & Shin, M. (2013). End-of-Life decision making
in older Korean adults: Concerns, preferences, and expectations.Educational
Witzke, J., Rhone, R., Backhaus, D., & Shaver, N. (2008). How sweet the sound:
Research evidence for the use of music in Alzheimer’s dementia.Journal of
Gerontological Nursing,34(10), 45–52.
Sandvik, A., Melender, H., Jonsén, E., Jönsson, G., Salmu, M., & Hilli, Y. (2012).
Nursing students’ experiences of the first clinical education: A nordic
quantitative study.Nordic Journal of Nursing Research & Clinical Studies /
Vård I Norden,32(3), 20–25.
Cooper, C., Taft, L., & Thelen, M. (2004). Examining the role of technology in
learning: An evaluation of online clinical conferencing.Journal of
Professional Nursing,20(3), 160–166.
Roulston, A., Bickerstaff, D., Haynes, T., Rutherford, L., & Jones, L. (2012). A pilot
study to evaluate an outpatient service for people with advanced lung cancer.
International Journal of Palliative Nursing,18(5), 225–233.